Junior to Intermediate Solicitor – Municipal Law
Stewart McDannold Stuart is a boutique law firm located in Victoria B.C. that has been providing legal services to local governments throughout the province for over thirty years. While we have a specific type of client, our practice areas are varied, and include planning and real estate development, conveyancing and property law, procurement, privacy, bylaw drafting and interpretation, and environmental matters. We are seeking a solicitor with 2 to 7 years experience to join our team.
- the chance to work in an interesting and varied area of the law, with an existing and established client base;
- a team of dedicated and supportive professionals, who are committed to working for public entities and in the public interest;
- the potential for flexible working arrangements; and
- competitive compensation, including group insurance benefits and the opportunity for profit sharing.
The minimum requirements for the position are:
- a Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor degree;
- membership in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia;
- strong analytical, research, writing, problem-solving, and organizational skills; and
- the ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on a range of local government matters, however, this is not essential.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Ryan Bortolin at email@example.com